New Participant Orientation for the EarthLinks Workshop Program is scheduled when space is available. Orientation is a three- step process — candidates for the program meet over a three week period (typically a Friday and a Monday), then attend one regular workshop during the third week. To be invited to join orientation, you must be 18 years of age or older, have the experience of homelessness and have income from any source of less than $12,490 in a year. To obtain an invitation to orientation you must call EarthLinks at 303-389-0085 at 9 am on Monday, January 27, 2020 and SPEAK TO A PERSON (do not leave a voice mail, so keep calling back until you talk to someone on the phone). If you do not have a phone, you may come to EarthLinks at 9 am on January 27, 2020 to see if you will be invited to orientation. You will receive a follow-up call later in the week if you will be able to come to the first orientation meeting on Friday, January 31, 2020 from 9:30 – 11:30 am. You will be invited to return for a second orientation to get familiarized with the community and products. You will then be assigned a workshop day for the following week, depending on your schedule.
What is it: The EarthLinks Workshop Program
- Do meaningful work that benefits Earth
- Earn a small, steady income by the end of the month
- Cultivate self-confidence, discover creativity
- Belong to a community of caring people
- Learn simple woodworking skills
- Work as a team and practice conflict resolution
- Learn how to garden and compost
- Develop leadership skills
- Acquire a reference or letter of recommendation for future employment (if appropriate)
- Receive case management assistance in navigating housing
- Who is Eligible: Adult men and women who are presently homeless, who have been homeless, and who are economically poor.
When: Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday — once a week from 9:15 to 11:45am.
To Sign Up: Please call 303-389-0085 or come in and ask for instructions.
The size of orientation is based on the available space in the program, and we will not hold orientation if there is not space in the program to accommodate new people. Space in orientation is on a first come/first served basis for those who contact us on the day sign up starts. Contact us with any questions.